Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm bringing indecisive to a whole new level

I was doing really well for a while. Now I must pick my backsplash tile... I literally mean NOW. Turns out all those snazzy tiles are handmade and takes about 6 weeks to arrive. I went to Avalon Carpet & Tile yesterday and perused the tiles for 2 hours. Today while at work I figured out exactly what tiles I want and which colors. I go back to Avalon today and the sales guy bursts my bubble when he tells me the tile I want isn't available in the color I want. Then I find another similar tile and that tile was available in the color I want but none of the trim pieces come in that color.  I left the store 3 hours later ready to cry.
The store has thousands of tiles ! I have no idea why I am having such a tough time, well actually I'm sure it has to do with my desire to pair up some expensive decorative tiles with some cheaper subway tile.  I refuse to spend $45 a sq ft on Walker Zanger white subway tiles.
In other news I did buy flooring yesterday while at Avalon, I opted for cork.  It's earth friendly !

No comments:

Post a Comment